The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

What plant would you put into a pot along with a dracaena?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
Pages: 2 1
by emmarose on January 26, 2006 05:47 PM
Hi all,

First of all, Happy Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone as I don't think I've posted since mid-December. Hope you all had a good one!

Thanks for all the past advice about my dracaena marginata - its now thriving again! The reason for this post is because as its maturing the lower leaves are falling off (pretty much all of them have dropped at this stage) and I was going to put another plant into the pot to hide the bare stalks which are now quite tall. Would anyone have any suggestions? I was going to put another marginata into it, or would I be able to go for a completely different species, just for a bit of variety? I'm just not sure which plants would be suitable, bearing in mind I'd most likely need something with similar growing conditions to a dracaena.

Thanks in advance,

Em

"Alcohol, the cause and solution to all of life's problems" - Homer Simpson
by RugbyHukr on January 26, 2006 11:15 PM
maybe some cactus or small Warneckii dracaena

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by tkhooper on January 27, 2006 12:01 AM
I love looking around for this type of information

Dracaena 'Janet Craig Compact'- this has the same water and sun requirements as the dragon tree and also is a slow grower with a maximum height of 4 feet. It looks like it might be a good choice.

New Zealand Flax - I love the color of this one. It also matches the sun and water requirements of the dragon tree. It's maximum height is 9 feet.

Spanish Bayonet - This type of yucca maybe an option depending on the size of pot you have for your plant. They do get wide. It also matches the sun and water requirements of the dragon tree.

I hope something here helps you get an idea of what you may want.

-
 -
by Marian on January 27, 2006 09:30 AM
I have a couple of differant bromeliad earth stars in the pot with mine . They are doing very well together .

-
by emmarose on January 27, 2006 05:08 PM
Cheers for the suggestions [muggs] , much appreciated!

"Alcohol, the cause and solution to all of life's problems" - Homer Simpson

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: