The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pics of my babies.. or houseplants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Pics of froggies!| Next thread: pics of my dying tomatoes--HELP!!! »
Back to Thread index
by SnazzieT on September 13, 2005 11:16 AM
they are all doing so well, I hope to keep them up as winter aproaches *sigh*

evergreen and christmas cactus
 -

uhh, I don't know what this spikey thing is called
 -

look at the size of this wondering jew.. and my pothos...?
 -

snake plant
 -

my spider plant has loved being outside -
 -

my jade
 -
and jade starters
 -

and my rosemary bush that I will plant next year...
 -

-Tracie
by SnazzieT on September 13, 2005 11:17 AM
and my plants I started from seed [Smile]
cleome (wont bloom til next year)
 -

and hibiscus
 -

that is all [Wink]

-Tracie
by connie mounsey on September 13, 2005 06:26 PM
Your plants look great! I have a bunch of mine outside too and hope that they don't mind coming in the house soon as winter will be here before you know it!

Without faith life has no meaning.
by RugbyHukr on September 13, 2005 10:04 PM
the one is a dracaena marginata

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by tkhooper on September 13, 2005 10:16 PM
I want rosemary to grow like that for me. I can never even get it to sprout. And the two times I've bought it as a plant it has also died very quickly. Well your plants are gorgeous tracie great job.
by Jiffymouse on September 14, 2005 05:18 AM
[thumb] i like them!
by Triss on September 14, 2005 05:25 AM
Beautiful pictures Tracie. It appears that they all loved being outside for their time in the sun. I hope they all do well for you indoors. I for one I am very interested to see how the hibiscus does as I am planning on starting more of them indoors this winter for spring planting. When did you start those hibiscus?

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by MissJamie on September 14, 2005 06:20 AM
they look great! I hope my plants look that excellent next year!

-
 -
*~*Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
*~* http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125497034
by SnazzieT on September 16, 2005 08:12 PM
thank you guys!! This is my second year really getting into my plants, I am so proud of them (just like my children),lol. My husband thinks I am crazy sometimes, but he feels the same about his motorcycles - [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by tkhooper:
I want rosemary to grow like that for me. I can never even get it to sprout. And the two times I've bought it as a plant it has also died very quickly. Well your plants are gorgeous tracie great job.
thanks tk, basically, I was told to ignore herbs and they will do best.. plus some nitrogen every other week doesn't hurt either. I have taken a cutting, stripped the bottom of its leaves and place in pearlite, place plastic bag over the the pot and got them to srpout very well [wayey]

quote:
Originally posted by Triss:
I for one I am very interested to see how the hibiscus does as I am planning on starting more of them indoors this winter for spring planting. When did you start those hibiscus?
I started the hibiscus from seed around Jan/Feb in one of those seed trays with the dome... I was told that they don't flower until the second year, so I think I will keep them in the pots til next year since I am not really sure where to plant them yet, but once they started growing, they grew pretty fast....good luck!

-Tracie
by Triss on September 16, 2005 10:26 PM
Thanks Tracie. I am planning on starting another set this weekend. A mouse got my first set but I got the mouse. [Big Grin]

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Pics of froggies!| Next thread: pics of my dying tomatoes--HELP!!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: