The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

angel face floribunda rose

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by RosyRuthie on April 27, 2006 07:13 AM
Hi again everyone i have one more rose question for you all. I have a floribunda angel face rose. the blooms are very pretty(light purple with a heavenly scent) the only problem i have is that the new cane growth is very rampant 3-5 feet and it only blooms on old canes. this has happened for the last four years in a row. nwe canes will not flower until the next season after i have pruned them back during annual pruning time. i have tried to prune them during the growing season to see if they flower but they still do not. i purchsed this rose at walmart for 2 dollars as a bareroot. i have several roses and this is the only one that does that. is this normal for this rose? thanks so much

Happy gardening

Please remember to hug your kids everyday! [Smile]
by angelblossom on April 28, 2006 12:29 PM
RoseyRuthie, I have a carnival tree rose and one of my climbers rose has a 4ft growth. On the tree rose I kept cutting it off last year this year there is two growing now from the base I don't know what to do about it either So This is a good question for me too [dunno] I don't know whether to leave it alone or keep cutting it down.. I hope some one here knows what to do,, another question is .. do they take the nutrients from the base plant will it harm the established growth and blooms??

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: