The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

my peace lily isnt looking too good

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: my peace lily| Next thread: My pears »
Back to Thread index
by eaglesoccer on December 15, 2004 07:09 AM
about a week ago i got a peace lily, but then i had to go out of town, so it didnt have water for a few days and its leaves are all droopy and not shiny like they were before

so, how often and how much should i water it for it to become healthy again? it's really making me sad that it's dying, thanks
by Cricket on December 15, 2004 08:23 AM
Welcome to the Garden Helper forum, Eagle! [wayey]
There are lots of friendly and informative people here to share advice with and we also looking forward to hearing of your gardening experiences!

This is a link to The Garden Helper's page on caring for peace lilies.
The Garden Helper - Care of Peace Lilies

I water my peace lilies until the water runs through the bottom and then let dry out slightly before watering again. They are one of the few plants I prefer to keep in plastic pots rather than clay because the plastic retains the water longer so I don't have to water as frequently. Watching the leaves of your peace lily is valuable as they quickly droop when thirsty. Usually a good, well-drained soak perks them up again within a few hours. After awhile you might learn what to look for just before the leaves begin to wilt and use that as a sign of when to water.

Keep us posted on how your peace lilies are doing! We love to hear each other's gardening experiences! [Big Grin]
by eaglesoccer on December 15, 2004 06:58 PM
thank you very much Cricket, i gave my plant plenty of water last night, and when i woke up this morning it was about as good as new

i'll keep yall posted on how it does
by Cricket on December 16, 2004 10:24 AM
Anytime, Eagle. I don't know much but I'm willing to share what I know. [Big Grin]

quote:
not shiny like they were before
I occasionally run a damp cloth over the leaves to remove the dust.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: my peace lily| Next thread: My pears »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: