The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

my poor pachira!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by Cliloute on December 07, 2004 08:04 PM
hello!
I've an issue with my pachira. its leaves are turning to yellow, and brown. I'm sure I don't water it to much, I spray it every day, I don't understand what's happening. It's started since the beginning of the winter.
Have you got an idea to help me and my pachira?

Claire
by Jiffymouse on December 07, 2004 08:47 PM
it sounds like the heat from the winter is drying out your plant. if you want, check out the prior discussion on this plant at money tree to see what was said.

i would also put a pebble tray full of water under the plant (make sure the plant does not sit in the water, but above it) to increase the humidity around the plant.
by Cliloute on December 07, 2004 09:29 PM
Hi Jiffymouse.
Thank you for for your answer.
I've already put my pachira (I didn't know it's called money tree in English, funny) on clay balls.
perhaps I don't water it enough?

Claire
by gardengal on December 08, 2004 01:31 AM
Hi Claire,
I have a money tree, pachira, as well. I water mine only once a week, maybe a bit more in the summer if its been hot in the house. I just heard this weekend on one of the gardening shows that they are not particularly fond of fertilizer, pretty low maintenance plant. Check out the link Jiffymouse gave you too. Hopefully you can piece together a solution. Let us know how its doing. [Smile]

Good luck and happy gardening. [grin]

-
 -
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
by Cliloute on December 08, 2004 03:36 PM
thanks everybody, I will inform you of the evolution!

Claire
by Cliloute on December 09, 2004 08:13 PM
I don't know what to do.
Day after day, my money tree is slowly withering... [dunno]
Its leaves are turning yellow and fall down, like those on the photo

-

Claire

Active Garden Forum