The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Asiatic lily

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Asiatic Lily| Next thread: Asiatic Lily »
Back to Thread index
by Ivy9 on April 20, 2006 01:48 AM
Is asiatic lily fragrant? I bought one from lowes , the lady said they are fragrant. Mine is monte negro variety. It has buds on them.
Thanks
by SpringFever on April 20, 2006 01:55 AM
I have 2 of which haven't bloomed (a stupid dog broke them off) But I have others that are very fragrent... the one on my sig button is the best smelling one I have ever seen it is a stargazer lily fills my hole house with its perfume!
Keep me posted when it blooms OK [grin]

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by Ivy9 on April 20, 2006 02:05 AM
I heard oriental and asiatic are different, and ofcourse oriental is fragrant , the one that I DON"T have [tears] I hope I am wrong Springfever
by SpringFever on April 20, 2006 02:44 AM
Me too Ivy even if they don't smell they are still gorgous pretty flowers!!

-
 -
by cinta on April 21, 2006 06:48 AM
Recently they have developed a lightly fragrant Asiatic Lily. I brought a few but you have to stick your nose in the flower to smell the fragrance. Maybe this year it will be more fragrant as the bulb matures.

Oriental lilies are very fragrant. You can smell them from a very far distance. If you want to smell up a block, plant Oreintal Casa Blanca.

I had to move it to the back of the yard it was too strong for the close viewing and smelling.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by SpringFever on April 21, 2006 06:53 AM
Really that is going on my list then.. Just to make my plastic flower lovin neighbors green with envy!
I am about ready to take over their yard just so I don't have to look at the plastic flowers any more!!! [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

You must have a lot of shade too judging by your garden huh?

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Asiatic Lily| Next thread: Asiatic Lily »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: