The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

prayer plant losing red color

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Prayer Plant Losing Color| Next thread: Prayer Plant Transplanting »
Back to Thread index
by MacD on December 07, 2004 08:30 AM
Hello,
I bought a prayer plant (Maranta leucoreura) a couple months back, and everything has been doing fairly well, except the undersides of the leaves. When I first got the plant the bottoms were a beautiful dark red, but they are slowly losing the red and turning green. Im pretty sure this is bad so if anyone has some recommendations I would be very grateful
by Jiffymouse on December 07, 2004 08:42 PM
i doubt that that is a bad sign, so much as a reaction to the change in light. many plants coloring is dependent on the amount of light that plant receives. your plant will probably be fine in the light levels it has, but will not have the vibrant red coloring.
by Amy R. on December 07, 2004 10:58 PM
hi MacD, i don't know much about prayer plants(i can barely pronounce it:), but i did a search out of curiousity and found this link:

http://pss.uvm.edu/pss123/folmaran.html

scroll down to Pest and Problems...it says leaves pale with too much light. hopes this helps!
by MacD on December 08, 2004 03:49 AM
thanks a lot for the help

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Prayer Plant Losing Color| Next thread: Prayer Plant Transplanting »
Back to Thread index