The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Re: used coffee grounds

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Mrs.Bradley on April 19, 2006 12:00 AM
I just watered my indoor roses then read that coffee grounds are goods for them. [clappy] Do I have to water the grounds in immediately, or can I put them on and then keep to my regular watering schedule????? [dunno] [grin] [grin] do I use the coffee once a month?

-
 -
by morninglori on April 19, 2006 04:20 AM
Put them in whenever you feel like it. BTW, plants like tealeaves too. I keep a cup on my counter that I empty my used tealeaves and then throw them out in the garden.

Also, Starbucks keeps their grounds for anyone who asks for them. They call them grounds for gardens. Thing is, there are only so many Starbucks and so many gardners, so mathematically that means......we need more gardners to keep up with all the Starbucks openings. Maybe Starbucks could deliver them by the quarter yard and just dump them directly on our lawns..What do you think?
by joclyn on April 19, 2006 05:35 AM
i had no idea that tealeaves were good too!!

what plants benefit from coffee grounds and which benefit from tealeaves?
by newbie gardener on April 23, 2006 02:41 PM
Why are coffee grounds good for plants? Do you just take the grounds from your coffee maker and place them at base of the plants? What is considered too much?

Active Garden Forum