The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Dahlias

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Dahlias| Next thread: Dahlias »
Back to Thread index
by Teresa Stafford on April 15, 2006 11:39 AM
I live in Baltimore, MD and have dahlia tubers to plant but want the flowers for a big party June 25th. When is the best time to plant in order to have the most blooms by June 25th? Thank you much.
Terri
by cinta on April 15, 2006 12:17 PM
It is doubful that you will have flowers by June 25th. I start mine inside in March and still do not usually start to get flowers until middle of July.

If they are the short garden ones you might get some flowers by June if you get them started now inside.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by Teresa Stafford on April 15, 2006 01:19 PM
Thank you for your response. Mine are supposed to get 18" stems. If I plant them on the sunny side of the yard, outdoors, & we don't get frost or freeze, do you think I have a decent chance for flowers by June 25th?
Terri
by Teresa Stafford on April 15, 2006 01:41 PM
Hello,
I looked at all your beautiful photos and discovered the name of the shrub a friend gave to me a few years ago, bridal veil. I've been searching for an ID for 1 year. I'm so happy!
Terri
by tkhooper on April 15, 2006 10:03 PM
My neighbor has some of that too and I really think it is pretty. I'm not suppose to put shrubs in the garden although sometimes it's hard to follow the rules on things like that.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Dahlias| Next thread: Dahlias »
Back to Thread index