The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

kniphofia! what am I doing wrong

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Kneeling| Next thread: Kohl Rabbi »
Back to Thread index
by lainey on April 07, 2006 04:03 AM
Hi everyone I have only ever grown in containers but now I have a garden so hope for a colorful future, but I already have a problem. While I am getting my beds ready I have planted my "red hot pokers " in large containers to give them a kick start, they are in multi purpose compost and have been planted now for 5 weeks but nothing is happening, I gentle lifted one yesturday and all I have is about 8 fleshy roots but nothing else, is this what they should look like and should I just give them time. I would really appreciate any advice.
Thanks Lainey
by dodge on April 09, 2006 08:22 AM
lainey
How deep did you plant those? I planted some on my heating cable , probably right on top of the soi.. They grew quick.. Are about 4 inches tall.
Is that inside or out?
We still had snow, so I put mine on heatig cables.

Dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by Bill on April 09, 2006 08:32 AM
Its still early to be seeing your Pokers doing much of anything right now. Mine are still completely dormant. When the temperatures warm up consistently they will start growing. Once they start, they grow fast.
Red Hot Pokers!

P.S. Did you know that there are now 6-8 different colors? (not to mention several new miniatures)
I will have the all someday... I hope

-
by lainey on April 09, 2006 10:27 PM
Cheers Dodge and Bill, replies sent.

Lainey

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Kneeling| Next thread: Kohl Rabbi »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: