The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

J's ?...Help my Jade!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by catlover on October 25, 2004 12:11 AM
J has an email question:

quote:
I have three large Jade plants that I have had for 12-15 years-I love them dearly! They have always been very healthy with never any problems. The last month or so I have noticed a white fungus type growth on the top of a few of the leaves. When I wipe the white growth off it has left a dark brownish-black spot on top of the leaf. It seems to be spreading and one of my jades is loosing quite a few leaves. Throughout the spring and summer I have had them in a florida room with all big windows. What is causing this and what can I do? The branches are not affected, only the leaves. Please help-They are like my family and I can't loose them. Thanks for any help!!

-
 -
 -
by catlover on October 30, 2004 03:51 AM
Can anyone help J? [dunno]

-
 -
 -
by TomR on October 30, 2004 04:24 PM
Sounds like it may be fungus. She can go to her local, experienced garden center and ask questions and check out the fungicides. Make sure she reads the lables CAREFULLY to see which is suitable for her jade and how best to apply it.

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: