The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Sharry Baby won't flower.. 2years.

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Sharing pics of my mess| Next thread: Shasta Daisies »
Back to Thread index
by adry_flower on October 17, 2004 07:21 PM
Alrite, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a Sharry Baby orchid and I've had it for maybe 3 years now. For the first year I had the plant it was doing fine and sent shoots out twice that year. So I had beautiful flowers for one year. My problem is, it has not sent shoots out for 2 years and I'm wondering if I have been doing something very wrong. I have tried watering it more often, less often, putting it in a warm place, cool place, bright place, dark place and also tried repotting and giving fertilizer. Is there any hope for my orchid or should I stop watering it?
by TomR on October 19, 2004 02:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by adry_flower:
Alrite, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a Sharry Baby orchid and I've had it for maybe 3 years now. For the first year I had the plant it was doing fine and sent shoots out twice that year. So I had beautiful flowers for one year. My problem is, it has not sent shoots out for 2 years and I'm wondering if I have been doing something very wrong. I have tried watering it more often, less often, putting it in a warm place, cool place, bright place, dark place and also tried repotting and giving fertilizer. Is there any hope for my orchid or should I stop watering it?
Hi! Usually their are several possibilities as to why a plant won't bloom. Not enough light, not enough food or not enough drop in nightime temperature. Sometimes it's a combination of 2 or 3 of those. I just got a Sharry baby myself 2 weeks ago. How often to you feed it? How much light does it get? Is it in a south,west or east window?

This is an oncidium orchid, they like to go a bit dry between waterings so let it dry a bit before watering. Don't repot it, orchids tend to like being somewhat pot bound. Unless the mix is broken down don't repot. What kind of mix is it in? Moss? Bark?

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Sharing pics of my mess| Next thread: Shasta Daisies »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: