The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Cigarette plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: cigar plant| Next thread: Cilantro »
Back to Thread index
by ladybob on June 17, 2005 03:52 AM
Can a cigarette plant be grown as a house plant
by jgeoff on June 17, 2005 07:21 AM
If you can find a plant that grows cigarettes, let me know! [grin] But if you can't, you can get tobacco plant seeds online -- but I haven't tried it yet myself. [Wink]

First Year Pepper Grower : Habanero, Red Chile, Jalapeno, Cayenne, Hot Banana, Hot Cherry, Tabasco, Thai, Giant Serrano, Peter, NM Big Jim, Arbol
by Nako on June 17, 2005 07:33 AM
we sell flowering tobacco at my greenhouses ^.^
~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by Will Creed on June 17, 2005 08:42 AM
Cuphea ignea gets its name from its tubular flowers that have white tips with a touch of black suggesting the ash at the tip of a cigarette.

It can be grown as in indoor plant, but not easily. It requires more direct sun than most homes have. The soil must be kept evenly moist and high humidity also helps. It is an excellent greenhouse plant.
by jgeoff on June 17, 2005 09:43 AM
Oh, sorry... I thought the person meant tobacco plant. [Embarrassed] [Big Grin]

First Year Pepper Grower : Habanero, Red Chile, Jalapeno, Cayenne, Hot Banana, Hot Cherry, Tabasco, Thai, Giant Serrano, Peter, NM Big Jim, Arbol
by uki on June 17, 2005 11:18 PM
hi [flower] my cigarette plant survived one winter in the house but not this winter,I think I pruned to hard,luckily I saved seeds and they are doing very good and start blooming already. [wayey]

-
Even winters coldest day can't keep the hope of spring away
by hisgal2 on June 24, 2005 04:46 AM
Jgeoff...I live in Pa...just north of Lancaster. There are soooooo many tobacco plants around here it's not even funny. I swear, the amish are supplying every single cig company with tobacco!!! [Big Grin]

The funniest thing of it is that they won't smoke and do not approve of those who do, but they'll grow it and sell so that people can smoke it. [dunno]

-
 -

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: cigar plant| Next thread: Cilantro »
Back to Thread index