The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Plants that like abuse?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by Reu on September 15, 2004 10:41 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for some houseplants for my office that can take abuse, especially in the summer. The only window is south facing, and even with the AC on, the office gets very toasty. I thought aloe would do well, but I can't seem to keep it watered (some of the leaves have 'dried up' and turned brown). I'm not here everyday, but I'm looking for things like Sansevieria that can take a lot of abuse, or that like hot, dry climates but that can also fit on a 6" wide window sill.

Anything that adds to air quality is a bonus, but I'd be happy just to have plants that I'm not slowly roasting to death...

Any suggestions?

ta!
Reu

Roses are red
Violets are blue
but they don't get around
like the dandelions do...
by ritchie902 on September 16, 2004 08:09 AM
try hanging some spider plants or philodendrons around. both can take lots of abuse....at least in my experience.
by gardenmom32210 on September 16, 2004 03:13 PM
How about some cactus. There are lots of pretty ones available(more colors than green) and they like it hot and dry.

Karen [grin]
by weezie13 on September 18, 2004 03:12 AM
Hi [wayey] Reu,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum!!!
We are very glad you found us!!!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Reu on September 21, 2004 07:10 AM
[wayey] Hi all!

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll give them a try. Maybe I can actually keep a cactus alive there.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Reu

Roses are red
Violets are blue
but they don't get around
like the dandelions do...

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: