The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

golden pothos

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Golden Lotus Banana| Next thread: golden rod »
Back to Thread index
by Buggygirl on September 06, 2004 04:44 PM
Has anyone else ever had this happen? I gave a friend's golden pothos a haircut a couple of weeks ago, then when I saw her again the following week she complained that it was "leaking" all over her desk. I have a couple pothos of my own and have given them all haircuts at one time or another, never have I seen nor heard of this happening. I could see a bit of a drip but not this 'leakage' of which she speaks. Has anyone else had an experience like this? Or even heard of this?
by Lily789 on September 06, 2004 07:43 PM
When you cut a pothos, it may "bleed" for a few hours at the most, but I've never heard of them leaking for a week! The cuts should have healed within a few hours. Keep this in mind: Golden Pothos are part of the Arum family, which has poisonous sap. So be careful.

Well, I've heard of "guttation". This means that when a plant absorbs more water than it needs, the water can be expelled out of leaf tips. Though I've never had this happen to me before, it is a possiblility. Make sure the plant is not overwatered!

Otherwise, I've no idea why it would be leaking for this long.

~Lily

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Golden Lotus Banana| Next thread: golden rod »
Back to Thread index