The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

christmas cactus

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Christmas Cactus| Next thread: Christmas Cactus »
Back to Thread index
by butterflygirl on September 06, 2004 04:16 AM
i live in northeastern ohio.
about 15 years ago my mother purchased a 'gold' christmas cactus (flowers bloomed a lovely golden color)from a local garden center in florida. i have searched the internet but i can not find anyone who sells a christmas cactus in this color. any ideas? is it possible that the plant my mother had was not a true 'christmas cactus' but a variety of a completely different plant?
by weezie13 on September 06, 2004 05:44 AM
Hello Butterflygirl,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum!!!
We are very glad you found us!!!

I'm not too sure of an answer for you,
but I just wanted you to know that I was going
to move your post into a section that was a little more traveled by our gardener's into the House Plant section......
I'm sure someone there may be able to help you a little bit better!!!

Weezie

P/S Have you tried taking the 1" sections from the plant and rooting them in some dirt already to probagate the one you already have??
Or do you still have it/????

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by janeycanuck on September 06, 2004 12:30 PM
Hi! My favourite book (The Houseplant Expert) has a small section on "forest cacti," which includes Christmas (zygocactus) and Easter (rhipsalidopsis) cacti. There is a separate one with yellow blooms listed, called epiphyllum (can you tell I've got the book in front of me - I'd never be able to spell any of these Latin names!), or Orchid Cactus. It says it is very closely related to both the Easter and Christmas varieties, and blooms annually quite similarly. I don't know if that's what you've got there....are the blooms pretty big?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Christmas Cactus| Next thread: Christmas Cactus »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: