The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Buckeye Candy

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: Buckets to pick your veggies/fruits in.....| Next thread: buddleia »
Back to Thread index
by 4Ruddy on November 19, 2004 11:19 PM
Buckeye Candy

2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margerine softened
3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
2 Tbsp vegetable shortening

Line cookie sheet with wax paper. Beat peanut butter and butter/margarine in a large bowl til creamy. Beat in powdered sugar til mixture holds together and is moistened. Shape into 1 inch balls, place on cookie sheet and freeze for 1 hour.

Melt morsels and shortening in a medium, uncovered microwave bowl on high power for about 1 minute. Stir. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If needed, microwave an additonal 10 - 15 second intervals til melted.

Dip peanut butter balls (using a toothpick)into melted chocolate leaving a small portion of the peanut butter uncovered. Shake off excess chocolate and scrape off bottom of candy on the side of the vowl and return to cookie sheet. Refrigerate til chocolate is set. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by Jiffymouse on November 20, 2004 02:37 PM
thank you so much, [kissies] i am going to try to make these for thanksgiving! (something new to my dinner!!)
by 4Ruddy on November 20, 2004 11:01 PM
You are more than welcome. Anyway I can help!!!! I can't be of much help in the garden beinf such a beginner...but I know my way around a kitchen pretty darn well! I owned a bakery/cafe for 17 years and have collected cookbooks since I was a child....I HAD to thin them out last summer and sold close to 300 of them...but no fear, I still have 2-3 times that many left! I especially love the community/church cookbooks from other towns/states. I figure if I can help any of you out in the kitchen it wouldn't even begin to repay the help you have given me in the garden...and I had so much fun, can't wait til spring to do it again!!!! [flower]

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Buckets to pick your veggies/fruits in.....| Next thread: buddleia »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: