The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Hydranga

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Hydragenda cuttings| Next thread: Hydrangea »
Back to Thread index
by Sal on August 28, 2004 10:04 PM
I was given a hydranga approx. 7 years ago. I planted it outside (Kansas - semi-shade area). I then waited to see the wonderful blooms it would produce the next year - NO! Not that year or for 6 years to come. I vowed to give it one more year and if it did not bloom - CHOP! I believe it heard me, as that summer it had one nice bloom on it. Guess it thought that would be enough as it did not bloom this summer. Foilege (SP?) is beautiful - no bloom. One person told me that if it came from a florist (which it did) they will never bloom again (which it did once). Is this true? Sally in KS

Sal
by afgreyparrot on August 29, 2004 07:39 PM
Here's the only reason I could find as to why a florist hydrangea wouldn't bloom again (in certain planting zones).

Hardy Hydrangeas

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Sal on September 03, 2004 05:01 AM
Thank you Cindy! I bet that is the reason, as mine dies down each winter, and returns in full green glory in the spring (Kansas). I wonder if one could bring the plant inside with any luck? Oh well, guess I will just have to enjoy the beautiful bush it makes each summer, and hope to see a bloom now and then. Thanks again! Sal

Sal

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Hydragenda cuttings| Next thread: Hydrangea »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: