The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Wilting Christmas cactus

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Wilting Calathea roseopicta| Next thread: Wilting Clematis »
Back to Thread index
by johnnyv on May 09, 2005 04:29 AM
I was given 2 christmas cactus in November. When I got them they looked very healthy and were very big. Since then they have lost a lot of leaves and are very wilty. They do have some spider web looking things in them. Does anyone know if there are any spiders that live in these? If not do you have any suggestions?
John
by JV on May 09, 2005 07:24 AM
[wayey] Welcome Johnny v to our little nutty corner corner of www. I am not an expert on your cactus but spiders do live around them as well as other plants. Find out what type spider and call a local botonist if you can. I have one as well as a cactus cutting from my mothers cactus. I have them in big (2qt) clay pots I throw a little water at them every week or two about half cup each. Had them inside all winter they are now on my porch have not seen anything going bad with them. I would almost bet yours has been over watered or somehow roots may have gotten root rot check that out.
Again welcome to the forum. [grin]
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by loz on May 09, 2005 06:17 PM
Well--how about spider mites???? [dunno] They are so tiny that you can't see them, but they spin webs and the leaves can become bleached out, discolored and start falling off.....

Most houseplant problems seem to be tied in with overwatering too.....

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Wilting Calathea roseopicta| Next thread: Wilting Clematis »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: