The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

aleo palnt

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Albino Ivy| Next thread: aleo vera plant »
Back to Thread index
by mlgossett on July 24, 2004 11:16 AM
Hi. I am a very new at plants in general I just got my first house were I can plant and I am having problems with my new aloe vera plant. It's sap is slightly tented yellow and has a strange smell. I live in arizona and we are experiencing hihg humitidities (at least for Arizona) and I have been watering it daily. I think I am over watering it but I am not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Mandy
by lilitu on July 24, 2004 05:48 PM
I'm definitely not an expert and have only had aloe plants inside but I wouldn't water it daily, you may be drowning the roots. Inside I only water them once every two weeks. What type of light is it getting and what kind of soil do you have it planted in would be my first questions.

Someone who knows more than me will be helping you shortly, I'm sure [Smile]

[wayey]
~lilitu~
by Shani on July 25, 2004 06:23 AM
As indoor plants I have 2 Aloes, I gennerally only water them every 3-4 weeks.
I don't know what the inside is suppose to be like but the goo in mine have a yellowigh tint and smelly funny (kind like rotting)

Shani
 -
May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water
by magic612 on July 29, 2004 07:45 PM
my aloe seems healthy but recently it has been getting a little bit of brown stuff along a few of the edges. Anything to worry about?

This also seems to be happening to another foliage plant of mine, but unfortunately I have no idea what it is.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Albino Ivy| Next thread: aleo vera plant »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: