Hummingbird House The Garden Helper
No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997
vine bar
Wild Willy
 

toadstools

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Toadstool in my indoor Spider Plant| Next thread: toasted nuts »
Back to Thread index
by auntnene on June 07, 2006 02:19 PM
After three years in this house, we finally have grass!! It took a lot of work and some days, my back hurt so bad I wasn't sure tackling all those weeds was worth it. I just came in from the yard [tears] and am horrified to see tons of tiny toadstools [shocked] Not just a few... Tons !!

Is there something I can do to get rid of them? I don't have it in me to start pulling them and I'm not sure they are good snacks for my labs. Any suggestions??

Thanks, [Smile]

* * * *
Please God, make me as good as my cat thinks I am!
by The Plant Doc on June 07, 2006 04:01 PM
There is nothing that you can do to get rid of mushrooms. Fortunately dogs and cats are not attracted to eating them, and will rarely even notice them.
If you are watering your lawn try to cut back a bit on how much water you are putting down, that may help a little bit, but more then likely it is just the weather. Even though mushrooms are a fungi, fungicides will not do anything to control them.
While I am not suggesting that you go out and eat them, most shrooms are not deadly. Turn negative into something fun, go get a field guide to mushrooms and try to identify the ones you have growing, and instead of calling it a problem, call it your mushroom garden [Smile]

* * * *
 -
Mike Maier
aka
The Plant Doc

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Toadstool in my indoor Spider Plant| Next thread: toasted nuts »
Back to Thread index

Other articles you might like: