The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

brown spots in the lawn and white little moths flying out of the lawn

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Brown Spots| Next thread: Brown Spots on Leaves »
Back to Thread index
by markct on June 07, 2006 01:42 PM
I applied grubx in early april and now i have tons of brown spots and these little white moths flying around when I mow---did I apply the grubx too early or is this something else???
by The Plant Doc on June 07, 2006 04:11 PM
Sounds like you have a problem insect called sod web worm. The moths do not bother your lawn, but the larval stage will.
Grub Ex should have controlled these little critters very well, but the grass would have had to be actively growing at the time of the application, and the application would have had to be watered in within a few days of putting it down.
As far as what to do now? I would apply Sevin, Dylox, Talstar, or Oftanol and water it in very well. I am not sure which insecticides are availible to home owners in your state.
If you can not get any of those, look for something with sod web worm on the label and follow the directions provided.

-
Mike Maier
aka
The Plant Doc
by johnCT on June 09, 2006 12:33 AM
Early april is too early to apply grubex here Mark. Mid May is the best time, but it's also too early to be seeing extensive grub damage. That usually happens in July so I'm sure this is something else.

John - Zone 6

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Brown Spots| Next thread: Brown Spots on Leaves »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: