The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Scale Insects on Citrus Trees

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: saw flies or cutworms??| Next thread: Scale on Citrus Trees »
Back to Thread index
by Nedra on July 20, 2004 04:39 PM
I have three large citrus trees that I raised from seeds, they are 3 years old. For a long time now I am struggling with scale infestation. I tried a powder that gets mixed into the soil, but there was no result. Also washing the leaves off with soap solution only helped temporarily.
What can I do to get rid of them? It would be so sad to lose my plants!
Thanks so much!
Nedra
by Nako on July 20, 2004 06:50 PM
I have a feeling the problem may be your location of the trees. A full proof plan would be to repot them, wash them, and then relocate them to a place that's preferably in the same conditions but will guarentee that there's no scale bugz in that area.

I think what is happening is that you're cleaning the plants, and getting rid of all the ones on them. But then when you put them back, the scale bugz are still in the area that they were before. That's what happened with me and spider mites, fungus gnats, and mili bugs.

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by papito on July 20, 2004 09:20 PM
Try this link Scales

When only a few (citrus) plants are infested with scales, removing them by hand can be more effective than using an insecticide [spray]. Remove and destroy scales by scraping them off leaves and bark with a nail file or your fingernail (yuk!) Insecticide spray may kill beneficial predators, that would otherwise attack the scales at early stages of life.

-
 -

Amor est vitae essentia.
Love is the essence of life.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: saw flies or cutworms??| Next thread: Scale on Citrus Trees »
Back to Thread index