The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

about growing Aloe-Vera

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: about growing Aloe-Vera| Next thread: ? about making jam... peach »
Back to Thread index
by amir on March 23, 2005 04:13 PM
Hello Sirs:
My name is Amir Masoumkhani from Iran.
I'm 26 years old and my favorite is gardening.
When I heard some things about Aloe Vera plant, that was very interesting for me.
I wanna to make an Aloe vera garden and I ask you if you can give some information about growing Aloe vera or can you introduce me some references about that?
Thank you in advance

--
Sincerely Yours
Amir Masoumkhani
by obywan59 on March 23, 2005 04:31 PM
Welcome Amir, I don't know that we have anyone here from Iran, you may be the first. Here is a link from The Garden Helper on aloes

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by amir on March 24, 2005 04:01 PM
Dear Terry:
In the first, very thank you for reply.
Of course I saw that page you introduced me, but I think it's not sufficient for me.
I wanna to make an Aloe Vera garden to be for me like a job.
If you or some body else, know more about Aloe plants, please intorduce more.
very thank you.
by obywan59 on March 24, 2005 04:21 PM
Amir, I really don't know alot about aloes and most people in the US can't grow them outside like you can, but I did a search and found a site from an aloe grower in California that seems to have a lot of information about aloes including pests, growing aloes in the desert, books on aloes and the Yahoo Aloe Group which is a reference area for aloe information and a place to meet other aloe enthusiasts.

Good luck!

-
Terry

by obywan59 on March 25, 2005 08:45 AM
Oops, [perplexed] I forgot to include the link to the site I mentioned in the previous post.

Here it is now.

-
Terry

by njoynit on March 25, 2005 03:33 PM
I grow mine in the ground,but pot it up for the winter and place back out in ground.I'm probably the closest to your climate being I get those 3 digit temps for 2-3 months.I don't grow mine in full sun.its more part sun and gets shaded durring hottest part of day.I do water mine almost daily& being my soil is sandy loam It drains quiet well.after your plant grows for a season it will set babies under the mom plant.I had 9 babies under a 2 yr old plant last year.Its the medicine type one.I also save the damaged leaves and place in baggie in fridge to use for burns and such.even soothes skeeter bites itching.
aloes roots grow shallowly.I wouldn't crowd them when growing and if you were to pot one up like my 2 yr old you may need a rock in bottom of a 3 gallon pot.so your pot won't flip or use a heavy type pot.I wish you luck with your aloe garden.

There is one person here from your area.a worker stationed over there.He was looking for plants that would handle your climate to cover a wall.

-
 -
I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit
http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
by gardenmom32210 on March 25, 2005 04:28 PM
Hi Amir [wayey] Welcome to the forum!

I live in Florida and grow aloes inside and out. They are growing in sun and shade. I have never brought mine in and they do wonderfully. As a matter of fact,right now I have 3 that are blooming for the 2nd time this year(they even bloomed during the winter). I have always found them to be easy to grow.

What specifically do you need to know?

G-Mom [grin]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: about growing Aloe-Vera| Next thread: ? about making jam... peach »
Back to Thread index