The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

miniature rose mold?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Miniature rose is dying!?| Next thread: Miniature Rose Picture »
Back to Thread index
by lilitu on July 19, 2004 05:13 AM
I have 2 miniature roses inside my house. both have new growth and are in general...ok. But I can't keep this whitish mold/fungus/fluffy junk from forming on the top layer of dirt!! I've seen it happen with carnivorous plants, too.
What can I do to make it go away? I don't overwater, I keep them in a well lit area where they get sun, and i let the soil dry a bit before I water again. What am i doing wrong! Mold is ICK-Y, i want it away from my plants and the inside of the house!!!
please help me [tears]

lilitu
by sachis2112 on July 21, 2004 09:25 AM
I bought an anti-fungal from a brand called "Safer" that I like very much. That might help. Otherwise, watering with weak chammomile tea or spritzing with a 1 part fat free milk and 9 parts water might help.

-
by sachis2112 on July 21, 2004 09:26 AM
BTW, I don't think you're doing anything wrong. It's just warming up and all sorts of fungi are kinda a problem for me right now. Algae in the fish tank, different mushrooms popping up in my pots... [Mad] [Mad]

-
by lilitu on July 21, 2004 06:05 PM
Thanks for your reply- 1 teeny mushroom keeps popping up in one of my pots too! it looks cute for about 2 seconds...then i rip it's little head off [Smile] I'll try the water/milk sprits for now...always have milk around the house- might as well use what I've got already.

Thanks!
lilitu

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Miniature rose is dying!?| Next thread: Miniature Rose Picture »
Back to Thread index