The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

sprinklers

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by rucrazy on April 12, 2006 03:00 PM
Does anyone know anything about sprinklers? I am not sure if I have some broken pipes under the lawn. There seems to be water running off even after they are off.
Hope I'm posting right-i'm new here. [perplexed]
by SpringFever on April 12, 2006 09:50 PM
[wavey] Welcome to the forum rucrazy!!
I am pretty sure you will have to dig and replace them if they are broke. or maybe some of the fixtures have gotten loose. Has the water bill gotten higher? Maybe the main is not turning off all the way..
I am sure sombody well more experienced will be here soon to give you better advice.

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by kyjoy on April 13, 2006 12:08 AM
If you don't drain your system, or have it drained, before shutting if off in the fall, its pipes can freeze and burst.
by rucrazy on April 13, 2006 10:13 AM
Shoot! I just lost my post!! Here it goes again, hopefully the one I composed already got deleted.
I don't think that there is anything broken or loose with the piping system. The water run off is not constant. I'm thinking maybe the neighbor's lawn is draining into mine since that sits higher than mine. Could that be a possibility?
On a totally unrelated topic, how do I get to the posts without doing a full search every time? AND, as i was waiting for the search to finish I noticed that each forum is numbered. How can I find out about the numbering system?
Thanks so much!
by obywan59 on April 13, 2006 01:28 PM
Assuming you know how to get the thegardenhelper.com, all you do is click on the link for The Gardener's Forum. The main page shows all the forums and the latest posts in each forum. There is a link at the top right for most recent posts. If you want to see all posts for a specific forum, just click on the forum name (Plants and flowers or Fruits and Vegetables Gardening for example) Not sure about the numbering?? I don't see it. I just bookmarked The Gardener's Forum, so I have a direct link to it from my "Favorites"

Does this answer your question?

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by rucrazy on April 14, 2006 04:13 AM
Somewhat, Terry. Thanks for getting back to me. [thumb]
by weezie13 on April 17, 2006 04:09 AM
quote:
On a totally unrelated topic, how do I get to the posts without doing a full search every time? AND, as i was waiting for the search to finish I noticed that each forum is numbered. How can I find out about the numbering system?
Thanks so much!
I click my email notification button every time I post one one thread...
*it will then automatically email thru my home email that someone has posted on my thread, or answered on the post where I answered something....

You can find the email notification button when you reply on FULL REPLY FORM... It's on the top first column.....

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by rucrazy on April 17, 2006 12:42 PM
Thanks, Weezie! I just did as you suggested, so this is so much easier than doing a full search every time. Thanks a bunch!!! [Big Grin]

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: