The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bugs and Spiders

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2002
« Prev thread: Buglady will like this story.| Next thread: Bugs killed my pine »
Back to Thread index
by AymieGirl on September 04, 2002 11:40 AM
I live in an apartment and have potted herbs. They're all growing well, but there are small spiders and some sort of almost microscopic bug/mite all over the Thyme, Rosemary and Basil. How do I get them out? Anyone have any ideas? I'm new at this. Thanks!
by Plant Doctor on September 10, 2002 07:01 AM
It sounds like you have a little critter called a spider mite. Unfortunately since they are mites, not true insects, a lot of insecticides will not work. You will need to look for a miticide. They are easily found in most garden supply stores. Follow the directions on the label, and you may need to do a reapplication to control the eggs that have not hatched yet, a few weeks after the initial spraying.
You may also want to quarantine these infected plants to ensure that the mites don't infest anything else
Good Luck
Mike

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Buglady will like this story.| Next thread: Bugs killed my pine »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: