The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

I was 2 weeks away from my plants !

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: I want your snails| Next thread: I was so worried. »
Back to Thread index
by Canadian CrabGrass on June 24, 2004 04:18 PM
And I came back yesterday to a jungle [shocked] Obviously, a little bit of neglect did them a world of good, of my 50 or so plants only 3 had to be watered while I was gone and I had given hubby very precise instructions for that [Big Grin] The rest thrived, so obviously they didn't miss me!

The only plant that didn't do too well is my arrowhead vine - problem is that while hubby was at work the windows were all closed, and the temperature inside the house soared to the upper 90s for a couple of day, so I think the poor thing cooked... half of the leaves were yellow and shrivelled, and even after cutting those away, the rest is not looking too good. It's now down to 3 rather long trailing stems, so I'm thinking of cutting those and trying to root them so I can plant them back into the same pot. Is that a good idea or should I just cut everything back and hope it revives ? How easy is it to root an arrowhead vine, and what would be the best method ? ( In water or directly in soil? )

Oh, and I came back with 2 new plants... a Merry Christmas Rex Begonia, and a beautiful dark purple Wandering Jew. I just couldn't resist them !
by weezie13 on June 25, 2004 07:28 AM
Hello "Crabby"
Where did you get the plants?
Did you bring them home on the airplane?

I was telling Cindy a little bit ago,
sometimes, it's good for "experimenting" to be
slow or in your case *absent* from your plants and see what happens to them.. How they thrive or deal with being not pampered!

It's always good to come home to happy healthy plants!!! [thumb] [flower]

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Canadian CrabGrass on June 25, 2004 02:19 PM
Hi Weezie, and it's nice to "talk" to you again!

Yes, all my plants remained healthy and grew incredibly - the hot, humid Montreal summer is doing wonder for them.

All of them that is, except for my poor arrowhead vine which is looking awful today, I've decided to cut it back and try rooting it - any idea if it would be better to do so in water or soil ?

And my new plants travelled with me on the plane in my carry-on - got them at Ikea in Edmonton, their garden center is surprisingly big !

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: I want your snails| Next thread: I was so worried. »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: