The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

elephant ears

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Elephant Ears| Next thread: Elephant Garlic? »
Back to Thread index
by powder puff on June 22, 2005 11:17 AM
I have elephant ears that the edges of the ears are turning brown around the edges this year. I water them everyday a lot. They did not do that last year so I am wondering if anyone out there has had this problem or knows what might be causing it. I have also fertilized them with epson salt,iron, and acid mircle grow periodly this summer.
by obywan59 on June 22, 2005 11:54 AM
Too much fertilizer??? I had problems with Miracle Grow last year in my hanging baskets. I was watering every week with it and the leaves started to turn brown and a lot of the plants died.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by Vada on June 22, 2005 04:48 PM
Hi Powder Puff, welcome!

I too had problems with Miracle Grow, but this year. I had 4 hanging baskets of petunias that I made up myself and they all turned brown and died after using the Shake and feed from Miracle Grow. I used it on everything I had potted up this year and only the petunias died. I just recently put it on my elephant ears, so we will see if it kills that. I hope not, this is the giant one with leaves that are almost 3 foot wide!

Have a good day!!!

Vada in MS

Mommy to Tommy, Edward, Jarod and baby on the way!

-
by Karrie on June 25, 2005 09:54 PM
everything I put the miracle shake and feed on died or is not looking too good! I only put it on a few areas. Thank God~ Has anyone of you ever tried the preen and feed? I wanted to but after the miracle grow I am fearful!

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Elephant Ears| Next thread: Elephant Garlic? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: