The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Split Leaf Philodandron - can it be saved?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Spit on my plants??| Next thread: Split Leaf Philodendron »
Back to Thread index
by Whimsey on November 28, 2006 11:58 AM
I've got to be the most disabled gardener ever created! [nutz]

My father-in-law passed away last week and we received the above plant. I LOVE(D) it...but I think I've killed it??? I so hope I'm wrong. We were in Nebraska for the funeral; we loaded the plant into the van (which was cold, below freezing when we left); I noticed when we backed out that the leaves were kind of hard and curled a bit; almost like being frozen.

As the van warmed up; many of the leaves went limp....some are a very dark green color.

Can it be saved? Do I need to cut the leaves that bent over? Can ANYONE help me save this precious plant?

TIA!! ~Michele
by Tonya on November 28, 2006 09:00 PM
Michele-

I would suggest trimmimg off any leaves that are obviously dead and just watching the plant. Don't water until the soil is dry up to the first knuckle on your finger and kinda "baby" it right now. Try to keep the dead leaves cut off and it should come back. Best of luck and welcome to the forum!!

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by angelblossom on November 29, 2006 09:10 AM
[thumb] I agree with Tonya any leaves yellow, black chould be cut off, and place in indirect light Don't over water this winter. they are pretty resilient!

Welcome to the Garden Helper Michele,, I was raised in Topeka, KS And Noooo I don't miss those hard winters AT ALL! [Frown] [Wink] [Big Grin]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Spit on my plants??| Next thread: Split Leaf Philodendron »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: