The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Vacation watering

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: v| Next thread: Vacation watering »
Back to Thread index
by rozy221 on March 09, 2005 05:25 PM
OK folks...as usual, I'm running around at the last minute and not getting anywhere fast...This depressing weather sparked us into taking a long weekend (thurs-sun) vacation. We decided this on Monday, and as of yet, ummmm....well, I know where we're staying and, oh ya, that we're going to the MA Flower Show (yeah!), but I haven't packed or cleaned or anything....But ANYWAY...I don't have anybody that could come water my babies while I'm away, so I'm wondering if anybody has any quick tips-especially for the higher-water plants like the violets and the fittonia (what's left of it anyway-need to do separate post about that when I have a minute). I was planning on watering everything before I leave tomorrow morning and moving everything to my breakfast nook so they will all get light (we have room-darkening shades everywhere else)...Any suggestions? Thanks!
by weezie13 on March 10, 2005 02:55 AM
Is this
quote:
thurs-sun
more days than 4????
Just curious???

quote:
that we're going to the MA Flower Show
Wish I could go with you!!!
What fun!!!! What a zing that must be to get
to go see one of those places!!!
Please have fun and take lot's of pictures!!!!
Would absolutely [Cool] LOVE to see pictures
this time of year of flowers!!!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Amy R. on March 10, 2005 03:40 AM
have you tried the self watering containers for the AV's? i use them, although i let the water dry out occasionally. also, if it is only four days, you could make one big humidifying tray for them to sit on, as unless it is like a jillion degrees in your house, they should be fine while you are away. have fun at the show, that sounds grand!
by rozy221 on March 10, 2005 04:50 AM
Thanks guys! A big humidity tray sounds like a good idea-maybe I'll stick my crotons in there too. We're leaving Thurs. morning and staying until Sun. morning (I guess this would be 3 nights and 3 full days, not really 4-that sounds better for my babies) The show starts on Saturday (there's a preview party ($$$) on Friday night. Here's the link-http://www.masshort.org/ I can't wait! I'll try to take lots of pics. See you all Sunday!
by Longy on March 11, 2005 04:10 PM
Put all your water needy plants in the bathtub, esp if it's a well lit room. Leave them in the saucers or put something under them so they arent sitting in the water and put an inch or so of water in the bath.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: v| Next thread: Vacation watering »
Back to Thread index