The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Sunlight and Ferns

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Sunflowers| Next thread: Sunny September 2006 »
Back to Thread index
by syl726 on June 08, 2004 01:32 AM
I live in a small duplex and my side of the porch is small. I have one fern towards the front and the other towards the side. The front gets two-three hours of full sunlight while the side gets little to none. So, each night, I switch sides with them so they're taking turns having their day IN THE SUN [flower] Is that too much direct sunlight? The sales clerk told me she watered them everyother day...should I stick with that schedule? [dunno] (except when it rains of course)Also, should I mist them? That seems to big [Cool] among ferns from what I keep being told.
by Jeanine on June 08, 2004 07:22 AM
What kind of fern is it?

Jeanine
by sachis2112 on June 13, 2004 08:57 AM
It really does depend on what kind of fern it is. There are some that do well in hot and dry. Then there are some that must be close to sopping wet in deep shade.

-
by Will Creed on June 14, 2004 01:05 AM
No ferns can tolerate direct outdoor sunlight. When outside keep them shaded at all times.

Ferns need water as soon as the surface of the soil feels almost dry. How often will depend on the weather.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Sunflowers| Next thread: Sunny September 2006 »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: