The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Aloe Vera plants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Aloe Vera plants| Next thread: Aloe Vera Plants »
Back to Thread index
by moonstar on May 27, 2004 04:41 AM
Does any one know how to root aloe? I have a HUGE one that I would like to root into smaller ones.

-
by Nako on May 27, 2004 07:25 AM
according to all the sites i just checked, you can propegate an aloe vera plant by separating the little doodads that appear around the outer base of the rosette... whatever that means lol. I'm guessing little aloe plants appear around the outside of the plant, and spread around?

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by gardenmom32210 on May 27, 2004 02:23 PM
Nako's right,Aloe will reproduce from the ground. Every so often it will put out babies around the outside of the plant. Just pull it off,being careful to get a little bit of root,stick it in a pot and it will do great.
I've given away about 2 dozen this year. They will even survive being out of the ground for a week or two(they turn brown but come back).

Karen [grin]
by Carlton on May 29, 2004 11:53 AM
My Aloe veras reproduce by producing little plantlets around the main plant. (They look like tiny replicas of the bigger plant). Just carefully pluck them out of the soil making sure there's at least a little root beneath each plantlet and securely pot them in soil. They should be growing bigger into individual plants in no time!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Aloe Vera plants| Next thread: Aloe Vera Plants »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: