The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Snake Plant with cracked and spotted leaves HELP!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Snake plant problems| Next thread: Snakes »
Back to Thread index
by Mandy N. on February 20, 2005 06:12 AM
I have a snake plant that I received after we moved offices because it was to big. I needed to re-pot it because it was really overwatered, and I have it staked, but there are a lot of cracked and spotted leaves that I don't know what to do with. I don't think that they are going to recover, so do I cut those out, or let them stay and take up space. This is a very large plant.... probably 3 feet tall! I do have pics but I don't know how to get them here...Thanks!
Mandy
by Jiffymouse on February 20, 2005 04:23 PM
hey mandy [wayey] what i am doing with the one at our office (same thing, way overwatered) is cutting off the ones that break/crack. i just cut them off to the bottome. and, if they have those little "rolled" tips on the end, you can let them callous and then stick them in the pot and they will root. those, i'm cutting to a length of about 6 inches and tossing the middle. good luck and let us know how it's going. slow is the word i'm using for mine, but it is working...
by Mandy N. on February 20, 2005 08:14 PM
Thanks for the advice! I'll give it a try!
Mandy

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Snake plant problems| Next thread: Snakes »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: