The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Ficus Help Needed

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Ficus Fruit| Next thread: Ficus Mystery »
Back to Thread index
by weazy58 on February 19, 2005 02:58 AM
We moved from Southern California a month ago and I had a potted ficus tree in the back yard. We moved it up here and it is not doing very good. It is now in our house which has an average tempature of 65. We moved it in the back of our truck to it was exposed to pretty cold weather for 2 days.

Should I trim it now or just let it shed it's leaves? I will need to transplant it, any recomenndation on when I should do this?

This tree is so special to me since my husband gave it to me as a baby 15 years ago.
by Amy R. on February 19, 2005 03:49 AM
hey weazy58,
wow, a 15 year old ficus, that is special. IMO, the are so darn temperamental; i remember reading here on this forum all of the reasons that ficus drop their leaves: change in light, temp., watering, or just because they plain feel like it, lol. anyway, i would let your ficus recover from the move and acclimate to it's new surroundings before you do anything serious. if i recall correctly, ficus actually prefer to be pot-bound, and even if it is root-bound you can just closely monitor it's watering needs. as for the trimming, unfortunately i can't help you there, as i don't know. i'm sure someone will come along shortly to assist you, and in the meantime, here is a link that might help. good luck, and let us know how it goes! [flower]

http://home.att.net/~chameleons/ficus.html

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Ficus Fruit| Next thread: Ficus Mystery »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: