The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

need chicken recipies

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
by suzydaze on October 07, 2004 08:34 PM
hubby's having stomach problems and can only eat chicken, and he can only eat it baked or boiled.

I'm tired of the same old chicken, anyone got a good chicken recipre out there?

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
by Jiffymouse on October 08, 2004 02:20 AM
basic chicken stuff....

chicken broth for soup/gravey, etc...

chicken (i use boneless thigh cutlets), onion, salt, pepper, and a dash of soy. cover with water and boil.

for crepes, add cut up potatoes, use part of the broth to thin out cream of chicken soup and use the rest to (coursely) mash up with the potatoes. dice the chicken and stir back into the potatoes. roll up potato and chicken mix in thin pancakes, ladle thick cream of chicken soup over the top.

for soup, dice the chicken and put back in broth, and noodles to suit.

for chicken casserole, drain, add mushrooms and vegetables, stir in cheese and cream of chicken soup and bake.

chicken tetrazini - noodles, cream of chicken soup, mozzarella cheese. bake.
by Jiffymouse on October 08, 2004 02:28 AM
i almost forgot... my kid's favorite...

chicken, garlic, onion, pepper, and a couple of bay leaves. equal parts vinegar and soy sauce (about 1/2 c. each) add enough water to cover chicken. bring to boil then simmer. serve over rice or bread. no salt needed.
by Jiffymouse on October 08, 2004 02:41 AM
ok, now for baked chicken...

rice krispy chicken - crush rice crispies (i use about a cup in a freezer zip lock, makes it easier...) spray chicken with butter flavor pam, or dip in melted butter. roll in rice crispies, bake till done.

hawaiian chicken - 1/2 c barbeque sauce and 1/2 cup pine apple juice. mix well. pour over chicken in pan. bake till done.

oven barbeque - see above, skip pineapple.

then only chicken i use for anything is boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
by Jiffymouse on October 08, 2004 02:43 AM
i forgot the garlic butter chicken. sprinkle with garlic powder or garlic salt. put a pat of butter on each piece. wrap in foil and bake.
by Jiffymouse on October 08, 2004 02:45 AM
oh yeah, italian chicken... italian dressing poured over the chicken, then baked.

my whole family has stomach issues at times... we eat a lot of chicken...
by suzydaze on October 08, 2004 05:35 PM
thanks I'll try some of those. I love mexican food and itilian foods and they are all just too spicy for him right now. To me the spicier the better. I love lots of pepper (any kind the hot, the bell all of it) onions garlic and he can't eat any of it. If he eats it he's up all nite just walking the floor.

I'm so sick of chicken I've been cooking for me and the baby before he gets home and just eatting early. He can have his chicken. *L*

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
by SnazzieT on October 09, 2004 06:00 PM
here is one of our favs....

creamy italian chicken (crockpot)

4 b/s breast
1/4 cup water
1 env. dry italian dressing mix

combine water and mix and pour over chicken in crockpot, cook low for 3 hours

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 package cream cheese - softened
1 can mushrooms (optional)

combine soup and cheese well, mix in shrooms, mix into crock and cook 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink.

great with rice....

-Tracie

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: