The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

A flower challenge

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by tkhooper on October 29, 2006 09:26 AM
I have been asked to find a flower that can be grown indoors from seed, kept moist and flower within a short period of time.

Of course many seeds like to be kept moist while they are germinating but as far as which one may bloom most quickly after germination is beyond me. I wouldn't even know where to start looking. So if you can direct me in the right direction I sure would appreciate it.

-
 -
by margaret e. pell on October 29, 2006 12:58 PM
I have grown Rebutia cacti that bloomed within a year of germination. I have some Adenium hybrid seedlings that are supposed to bloom at about a year (they're 3-4 mo. now). Both require a lot of sun and dry (more for the rebutia than the adenium) between waterings. I don't think I really grow anything that fits what you want, but I like to try.

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by tkhooper on October 29, 2006 07:04 PM
Hi Margaret,

I'm thinking maybe a zinnia. It's taller than I would like for this but it does come up pretty quickly and will handle a little water everyday.

-
 -
by dodge on November 01, 2006 10:05 AM
tkhooper

I will tell you ones I use.. not seeds , bulbs.

I just order more. Oxalis (shamrocks)
They grow really quick from tiny bulbs.. I have 4 types now , and love them all..
here is where I purchased them

www.brentandbeckysbulbs
dollar a piece, but they multiply like rabbits.

Hope this helps.

dodge [lala]

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: