The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

16 year old pathos stressed!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Gillian on September 19, 2006 01:45 AM
Because there were a couple of yellowing vines,I removed and rewove my 16 year old pathos onto its chicken wire.
It was against the same wall it has been on for the last seven years.
Longest vines were about 10-12(?) feet.
She wilted immediately. I realized that I didn't water her after rehanging her vines, but I don't remember that I ever have.
After seeing most of her branches start to wilt and die, I took her off the wire and just gently layed her branches on top of the pot.
Most all of her leaves are waxy. I don't want to torture her further by unwinding to get yellowed leaves off.
I was thinking that laying her vines on top of eachoter would strengthen her again.
If anyone has had this happen, do you have any ideas?
I feel so bad, she's been me longer than my oldest daughter!

Thanks for any help or advice.
Gillian
by Tonya on September 20, 2006 12:11 AM
I don't have any ideas...other than maybe a watering. Give it a few days and try again. Best of luck to you and welcome to the Forum! [wavey]

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by joclyn on September 20, 2006 12:50 AM
that's pretty long to have a plant!!

i don't know what the life-spans are for these - i think it may be nearing the end tho.

how about taking off some of the healthier pieces and rooting them to start a new plant?

also, a light feeding might help the original. is it outside or inside?
by Pburgh on September 21, 2006 02:02 AM
I've had one here in my office for about 17 years. When it has trauma like you described, it wilts and looks like it will die. It looses leaves and looks crappy. I just water it and it perks back up in a few days. In extreme cases, I've repotted it.
Good luck

My gardens
http://community.webshots.com/user/pburghp
by Gillian on September 23, 2006 08:03 AM
Thanks for your ideas. Pathos have a life of their own. Im letting her leaves, dead or not, stay on the stem for a couple of days - she is perking up though.
My mother in Law has one more than 20 years old.
They do go on and on.
G

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: