The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Humidity and Mold

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Humidity| Next thread: Humidity levels »
Back to Thread index
by Blue265 on January 21, 2005 09:08 PM
Hello all,

I am currently using a humidifier to keep my place at around a 50-60% humidity level for my plants and also for myself for comfort reasons. I read something a while ago about high humidity levels causing mold to grow within walls of homes which can be a health factor. For example, some homes that were once sites of marijuana grow ops are now full of black mold. I am sure these people probably keep their humidity much higher than I do, but should I be concerned about causing mold to grow with a 50-60% humidity level? I just don't want to ruin my brand new condo [Frown]
by Jiffymouse on January 22, 2005 05:14 AM
blue... as long as you stay under about 65% you should be ok. although, even as high as 70% won't hurt you. it is the 80-100% that lets the mold grow unchecked.

these numbers, i am giving you are from experience. i've lived on several islands and/or on the coast most of my life, and those seem to be the "magic numbers" that the weatherman says on tv when i have problems!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Humidity| Next thread: Humidity levels »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: